English for Aviation course has been developed specifically for people who work in the Aviation industry and need to comply with the International Civil Aviation Organization's (ICAO's) language proficiency requirements. It supports standard phraseology and builds upon it to help improve plain English in the skill areas specified by ICAO: pronunciation, structure, vocabulary, fluency, comprehension, and interactions.
English for Aviation covers a range of subjects associated with the Aviation industry. The course is organized in the sequence of a flight, starting with an introductory unit, followed by pre-flight, ground movements, departure, cruising, en route events, contact and approach, landing, and end-of-flight ground movements.
Pilots and air traffic controllers will find the course useful for improving their plain English, but anyone working in aviation - ground staff, emergency services, or administrators, for example - who wants to improve their English ability will benefit from the English for Aviation course as well.
English for Aviation course includes the following units:
- Introduction to air communication
- Ground movement
- Departure, climbing, and cruising
- En route events
- Contact and approach
- On the ground
Course Duration: 4 weeks in mini-group with 20 lessons per week.
It's also possible to cover all English for Aviation course material with the private course with 40 to 60 one-to-one lessons.
At the end of your course, you receive a certificate for presentation to employers. All Aviation English students also receive an individual written evaluation of their progress.
We offer three formats of English programs for Executives and Professionals including English for Aviation:
- Mini-Group Intensive English Courses with 20 lessons a week* in the morning, Monday through Friday.
- Combination of Mini-Group and Private One-to-One English Classes.
- Private One-to-One English Classes for Professionals with 15, 20, 25, 30 and 35 lessons a week.
English for Aviation Courses start every Monday.
* 1 lesson = 45 minutes. If there is only one student in the class, the number of lessons is reduced to 10 one-to-one lessons a week.
Click here to apply for the English for Avaition course.
You can also combine English for Aviation with Executive General English and/or Business English. Topics covered in Executive English course include remedial work on pronunciation, accent reduction, vocabulary building and writing skills, specific to your profession.
You can also study:
- Telephone skills
- Interviewing techniques
- Conferences and meetings
- Reading and discussing business publications
- Business writing: memos, letters, reports
- Cross-cultural tips
- Social and business customs
- Simulated business situations and role-plays
English courses for Executives and Professionals according to students' specific needs are offered in small groups and one-to-one.
Requirements and Class size
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Max group class size: 4
- Minimum duration: 1 week
- Level: intermediate to advanced