English for Law Enforcement course is developed to meet the communication needs of 21st century law enforcement professionals. The course is suitable for law enforcers from a range of different backgrounds, including police, gendarmes, military police, border guards, customs officers and security personnel. The course covers the whole spectrum of law enforcement activity from basic, everyday encounters with members of the public, victims and offenders to communication with international colleagues for cross-border operations. Whichever area of law enforcement you work in, our aim is to equip you with the language you need to communicate and get the job done.
English for Law Enforcement has been developed for students studying at an A-2 (high beginner) to B1 (intermediate) English level. However, due to the specialized nature of the content, the course may also be of interest even if you have a higher level of general English.
English for Law Enforcement course includes the following units:
- The world of law enforcement
- Traffic and vehicles
- Out in the community
- Emergency calls
- Crimes against property
- Drugs and alcohol
- Civil disorder
- At the police station
- Crime scene investigation
- Criminal justice
- Organized crime
- International cooperation
At the end of your course, you receive a certificate for presentation to employers. All students also receive an individual written evaluation of their progress.
Topics covered in the English for Law Enforcement course may aslo include remedial work on pronunciation, accent reduction, vocabulary building and writing skills, specific to your profession.
English for Law Enforcement courses are offered in small groups and one-to-one.
Requirements and Class size
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Max group class size: 4
- Minimum duration: 1 week
- Level: high beginners to intermediate and advanced
We offer three course formats of English for Law Enforcement:
- Mini-Group Intensive English Courses with 20 lessons a week* in the morning, Monday through Friday.
- Combination of Mini-Group and Private One-to-One English Classes.
- Private One-to-One English Classes for Professionals with 15, 20, 25, 30 and 35 lessons a week.
English for Law Enforcement Courses start every Monday.
* 1 lesson = 45 minutes. If there is only one student in the class, the number of lessons is reduced to 10 one-to-one lessons a week.